1. Check each breast one at a time.
2. Use your right hand fingers to check
your left breast, and your left hand
fingers to check your right breast.
3. With your fingers flat against the
breast press firmly in small, clockwise circles.
4. Start at the outermost top edge of your breast
and spiral towards the nipple.
5. Feel for hard lumps or bumps in your breast.
6. Be certain to cover all parts of your breast.
7. Gently squeeze both nipples and look for any discharge.
8. Look carefully for changes in the size, shape,
and contour of each breast, e.g., puckering,
dimpling, or changes in skin texture.